CONDITIONS OF ACCESS AND USE
This page provides you with the Conditions of Access and Use for the Department of Home Affairs’ website, called SkillSelect.
At registration, if you choose to accept the Condition of Access and Use by clicking on the ‘I agree” button, you will continue registering for the Department of Home Affairs’ SkillSelect. If you click the ‘I don’t agree” button, you will not be able to register for SkillSelect.
On subsequent visits if you choose to accept the Conditions of Access and Use by clicking on the “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” check box, you will continue with your access to SkillSelect. If you do not click the “I have read the terms and conditions” check box, you will not be able to gain access to SkillSelect.
Expression of Interest can only be submitted through SkillSelect. There are no alternative ways to lodge your Expression of Interest.
The Department of Home Affairs will communicate with you electronically about this EOI. This may include receiving notification of the outcome of the EOI.
Conditions of Access and Use
By using this website, I agree that the following Terms and Conditions (being part of the Conditions of Access and Use) apply to my access and use of SkillSelect.
For the security of this website and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this Government computer system monitors network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by Australian law.
TERMS AND CONDITION
Your information disclosed in Expression Of Interest
- To provide true and correct information to the Department of Home Affairs and I declare that all information I provide through SkillSelect is true and correct.
- That my use of SkillSelect does not change any of my obligations to provide true and correct information to SkillSelect.
- That if I provide false and misleading information through SkillSelect that results in not obtaining an Invitation or refusal or cancellation of an Invitation to me to lodge a visa application, that information will be treated in the same way as providing incorrect information on a form or in person.
- That the Department of Home Affairs can assume that any information on my Expression Of Interest using authorisations provided by SkillSelect is provided by me. Use of an agent or any other person to assist me with filling out my Expression Of Interest forms is at my own risk.
- That my access to SkillSelect depends on telecommunications, internet service providers and other external factors. Department of Home Affairs does not guarantee:
- the availability of SkillSelect during the specified operating hours.
- That I am responsible for any damage to my computer, systems or software caused by any virus, irrespective of the origin of virus.
- That I accept these Terms and Conditions every time I access and/or use SkillSelect, including acceptance of any changes to the Terms and Conditions.
- That I am responsible for accessing and reading correspondence, notices and information provided by the Department of Home Affairs on the SkillSelect website and that the Department may assume I have accessed and read any such correspondence, notices and information.
- That the Department of Home Affairs may cancel my access to SkillSelect where my access has been used to perform an unauthorised transaction or an act and/or I am no longer eligible to access SkillSelect.
- That the Department of Home Affairs may make changes to SkillSelect at any time and with or without notice to me.
- That if the Department of Home Affairs notifies me of changes to SkillSelect through correspondence, notices and information available to me when I access SkillSelect, then the Department will assume that I have accessed those correspondence, notices and information.
- That any link to SkillSelect on any other governmental or non-governmental website does not imply explicitly by description or implicitly by location of the link or logo on that website that the services or products supplied are endorsed by the Department of Home Affairs.
- That the information or materials which are offensive, pornographic, unsuitable for minors’ access or otherwise of a criminal or violent nature may be accessible through this site either as a result of hacking or material placed on linked websites. The Department makes no representations as to the suitability of the information accessible for viewing by minor or any other person.
- That I consent to disclosure of my information provided on this Expression of Interest including information in relation to skills, employment and education by SkillSelect and by the Department of Home Affairs to the employers who intend to nominate and sponsor for skilled visas.
- That I consent to and authorise the Department of Home Affairs to collect, store, use and disclose the personal information provided on this Expression Of Interest and any Invitation issued to me.
- That I consent that the Department of Home Affairs will disclose my information to other Commonwealth, State and Territory government departments and agencies in relation to sponsorships, nominations and for monitoring or compliance purposes.
- That the Department of Home Affairs is not liable for the completeness or accuracy of any information provided by me where I do not provide information that is true and correct in all respects.
- That the Department of Home Affairs accepts no responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained on or accessed through this website including SkillSelect and makes no representations about its suitability for any particular purpose. I should make my own judgement about these matters.
- That to the extent permitted by law, the Department of Home Affairs is not liable for my loss, expense or damage arising from my access and use of, or reliance on, the information contained on or accessed through this website whether or not caused by any negligence on the part of the Department of Home Affairs or its agents.
- That the Department of Home Affairs is not responsible for any failure in relation to any communications to me using SkillSelect, where I do not provide correct email address.
- I assume all risk associated with use of the web site, including:
- risk of my computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the website or my access to it;
- or the risk that the content of this website and linked websites complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
- That use of this website will be logged for the purpose of security and usage monitoring.
- Unauthorised use of this website could result in criminal prosecution.
- That these Terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory. Both parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Australian Capital Territory.